Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 09/16] tag: add more incompatibles mode tests

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:36:51 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:
>>
>>> Amend the test suite to test for more invalid uses like "-l -a"
>>> etc. This change tests this code path in builtin/tag.c:
>>>
>>>     `(argc == 0 && !cmdmode)`
>>>     ->
>>>     `((create_tag_object || force) && (cmdmode != 0))`
>>
>> What is this notation trying to tell us?  A range of lines starting
>> with the first one to the second one?
>
> Yeah.

The reason why I asked about the original notation was because it
looked as if you are saying "the former is changed to the latter,
and this is to make sure it does not regress".  

Compared to that, spelling out why in a readable sentence would be
much more helpful for later readers of the log output, no matter
what they want to do with the information.