Subject: Re: [PATCH] rebase -i: redo tasks that die during cherry-pick

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 12:41:24 -0700

Phil Hord <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 1:15 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks, will queue.
>>
>> Aside from the "much more invasive" possibility, the patch makes me
>> wonder if it would have been a better design to have a static "todo"
>> with a "current" pointer as two state files.  Then reschedule would
>> have been just the matter of decrementing the number in "current",
>> instead of "grab the last line of one file and prepend to the other
>> file, and then lose the last line".
>
> That's an interesting idea.  Changing it now would impact anyone who
> now depends on the current todo/done behavior, and I imagine there
> are many.

Yeah, in case it wasn't clear, I was merely lamenting over water
under the bridge, not seriously suggesting to break users to
simplify our logic.