Subject: Re: git submodule: update=!command

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 14:05:10 -0700

Ryan Lortie <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015, at 16:49, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> With more recent versions of Git, namely, the versions after
>> 30a52c1d (Merge branch 'ms/submodule-update-config-doc' into maint,
>> 2015-03-13), the documentation pages already have updated
>> descriptions around this area.
>
> sigh.
>
> That's what I get for forgetting to type 'git pull' before writing a
> patch.
>
> Sorry for the noise!

Nothing to apologise or sigh about.  You re-confirmed that the old
documentation was lacking, which led to an earlier discussion which
in turn led to Michal to update the documentation.  If you check the
output from

    git diff 30a52c1d^ 30a52c1d

and find it appropriately address the problem you originally had,
that would be wonderful, and if you can suggest further improvement,
that is equally good.

Thanks for participating in our effort to collectively make Git
better.