Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2014, #01; Tue, 2)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:51:35 -0700

Duy Nguyen <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 5:06 AM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> * nd/multiple-work-trees (2014-07-29) 39 commits
>>
>>  Reroll posted, but haven't picked up yet.  How would this interact
>>  with rr/transaction series which is pretty much all about the refs?
>
> Haven't checked out that topic yet. But ref changes in
> multiple-work-trees are to make sure ref path construction goess
> through git_path(), and some cleaning up after strbuf_git_path() is
> introduced. So basically textual conflicts only.

Up to the point that is queued on 'pu', the other topic(s) still
keep the assumption that all refs are files in $GIT_DIR/refs/, and I
think I managed the textual conflicts correctly in 'pu' before.

But starting from $gmane/255476 the assumption gradually gets lifted
and eventually we may have refs and reflogs expressed in a different
backend, without these files that represent the refs at all.

I am not yet sure how this "I have $GIR_DIR/ but that is not a real
one but borrows most of the stuff from elsewhere" meshes with that
new world.