Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] t: branch: improve test rollback

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 15:59:12 -0700

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 2:32 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>>  test_expect_success 'refuse --edit-description on unborn branch for now' '
>>> +     test_when_finished "git checkout -" &&
>>
>> I am not sure if this is a good change.  Depending on the outcome of
>> the "git checkout" in the test (it may succeed and set @{-1} to the
>> branch we were on when we entered the test, or it may fail and leave
>> @{-1} to the branch before we were on when we entered the test),
>> this will take us to a different place, no?
>
> It is better than leaving Git in an unborn branch.

True, but it falls short of "After every test the environment should
be as close as to how it was before as possible.", doesn't it?

I think the fix is just to use the name of a concrete branch,
instead of "-", which could be far quickly done than making excuses
like that.