Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (May 2026, #03)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2026 02:06:27 +0900

Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello Junio,
>
> I've not been active on the list past few weeks, did we reach a
> consensus about
> [email-masked] ? Or was
> it missed, I thought it was in a ready state, but happy to reiterate as
> needed.
>
> Lore: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/#t

I've not been active on the list past few weeks, either, so please
don't expect me to know anything that happened during my 3-week
absense ;-)

My understanding of the status of that thread is that after

https://lore.kernel.org/git/CAOLa=[email-masked]/

that said you "Will add ... locally", we are all waiting for you to
say either "after waiting for sufficient amount of time, there
wasn't any other major change necessary, so I won't add it locally
after all" or "we have waited for sufficient amount of time, so here
is the hopefully final edition that includes what I added locally
following Patrick's review".