Subject: Re: GitGitGadget's website is responsive, how about kernel.org?

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2026 09:48:50 -0700

"Rito Rhymes" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Actually...
>
> now that I've had time to think about it (and get some
> rest), I think it's best to keep the patch series review and
> discussion all in this thread, publicly and transparently.
>
> I initially defaulted to sending it separately to Konstantin directly
> because this is Git's archive, and I wanted to respect convention by
> keeping the thread appropriately scoped. At first, this seemed more like
> just a routing touchpoint.
>
> But seeing as there is no public mailing list for kernel.org's repo
> specifically, and this is basically already a sidecar thread about the
> site theme patch, we might as well consolidate the process here for
> simplicity and transparency. Plus, I imagine the site matters to most
> people in Git, and the mailing list is archived on lore.kernel.org
> anyway...
>
> This will allow anyone to review the code and comment on it.
>
> I'm sending the patch series again directly in this thread, and I
> think we should keep communication contained here (unless someone has
> a better idea).

I would not object discussion here, and I personally do not mind
having to see, and possibly ignore, more patches on this list, but
to those who come here to work with and work on Git, I am reasonably
sure that it will look offtopic to discuss how the k.org website
appears and behaves, and/or how a better version of it would appear
and behave.

I'll leave Konstantin with the final say.  I hope there are better
places, even though I do not now where they are as I do not do
websites.  I've seen folks with accounts at k.org discuss things on
mailing lists that is more limited for kernel.org users.