Subject: Re: [GSoC] Introduction - Mansi, microproject t7605

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2026 13:05:58 -0800

Mansi Maanu <[email-masked]> writes:

> My name is Mansi Singh. I am a Master's student in Information Systems
> at Northeastern University (Seattle) with 3+ years of software
> development experience at Nokia Solutions and Grant Thornton, where I
> built automation tools and AI assistants.
>
> I am applying for GSoC 2026 and interested in the "Improve the git
> repo command" project idea.
>
> As my microproject, I replaced old-style 'test -f' path checks with
> test_path_is_file helpers in t/t7605-merge-resolve.sh. All 4 tests
> pass after the change.
>
> Patch submitted via GitGitGadget: https://github.com/gitgitgadget/git/pull/2050
>
> Email: [email-masked]
> GitHub: https://github.com/MansiSingh17
>
> Thanks,
> Mansi
> Pronouns: she/her

Can you stick to a single name when you present yourself to the
community?  We've seen a patch signed off by "Mansi", sent from a
person with e-mail accout "Mansi Singh" via GitGitGadget, and now an
introduction sent by "Mansi Maanu", signed "Mansi", identifying
hearself as "Mansi Singh".

It is a bit too confising.

I presume that "Mansi Singh" is the most official name you want to
present yourself as to this community?  If so, please use that as
the author identity and on the Signed-off-by: line of your patches. 

Anyway, welcome to the community.