Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 0/6] meson: add corresponding target for Makefile's hdr-check

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2025 13:04:36 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> [email-masked] writes:
>
>> Hi Karthik
>>
>> This looks good, I've left a couple of comments but I don't think
>> there is anything that necessitates a re-roll.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Phillip
>
> Thanks, I think the first one that stops us from using tarball
> extract may have the biggest impact on the CI, and might reveal
> some other bugs (like "this test used to be skipped because it did
> not run in a tarball extract, but now this is run and fails"), which
> may cause us to scramble to fix them, but I think that would be a
> good thing in the longer term.

As it takes quite a lot of time to do full integration of the day,
during which time GitHub CI is idle, I pushed this branch alone as
if it were the tip of 'seen', and it seems that quite a lot of CI
jobs are now broken,

https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/14624509129/

with "Process completed with exit code 8." at the end of
ci/install-dependencies.sh step.