Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] add-patch: edit the hunk again

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2024 10:58:15 -0700

Phillip Wood <[email-masked]> writes:

> I hoped that change would be in edit_hunk_manually() but it isn't.
>
> I'm afraid I still don't think that changing the default is a good
> idea as it is often very difficult to correct a badly edited hunk. Can
> we offer the user a choice of
>
>     (e) edit the original hunk again
>     (f) fix the edited hunk
>     (d) discard the edit
>
> In [1] you say you discarded that idea because the wording was too
> verbose but something along like the above should be succinct enough.

I too disagree with the change of the default, but I would not
complain if we offered the feature to re-edit as long as it is
clearly marked as a new optional choice.

Phillip, thanks for being firm yet still constructive.