Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/4] refs: add referent parameter to refs_resolve_ref_unsafe

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2024 11:23:18 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> "John Cai via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>>  29 files changed, 64 insertions(+), 52 deletions(-)
>
> Wow, the blast radius of this thing is rather big.  Among these
> existing callers of refs_resolve_ref_unsafe(), how many of them
> will benefit from being able to pass a non NULL parameter at the end
> of the series, and more importantly, in the future to take advantage
> of the new feature possibly with a separate series?
> ...
> That way, you do not have to touch those existing callers that will
> never benefit from the new capability in the future.  You won't risk
> conflicting with in flight topics semantically, either.

The same comment applies to [3/4], but I do not want to fix the Cc: header
again, so I am replying to this message.

Thanks.