Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 0/6] Various fixes for v2.45.1 and friends

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2024 16:04:43 -0700

"brian m. carlson" <[email-masked]> writes:

> I looked at this series and seems fine.  I tested it with the latest
> HEAD of Git LFS and it seems to function as expected.  I appreciate the
> prompt fixes.

I've merged the 11 patches (the 12-patch series without the last
step) https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/ to
'seen'.  These 11 patches contains Dscho's 6 patches but also
contains backports Dscho had on his "tentative" topic branch, plus
two additional backports to help tests pass.  Additionally what is
in 'seen' obviously does not update GIT-VERSION-GEN or add new
release notes files.  Other than that, it is the same topic, only
done in a bit more open way to make it easier to apply further
polish.  Testing is appreciated.

Hopefully they can be merged down to 'next' and then 'master'
soonish, but will be updated if a new issue is discovered.  After
then, we'll do a release engineering to merge them to all the
maintenance tracks affected by the recent security updates and we
can go from there.  Hopefully, as not critical vulnerability fix but
a "layered defence" on top, we probably do not have to merge down
whatever additional follow-up changes beyond the latest maintenance
track (i.e. maint-2.45).

Thanks.