Subject: Re: [PATCH] diff: implement config.diff.renames=copies-harder

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2023 13:06:15 +0900

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

>> > We probably don't want to copy all three of those sentences here, but
>> > I think we need to make sure users can find them, thus my suggestion
>> > to reference the `--find-copies-harder` option to git-diff so that
>> > affected users can get the info they need to choose.
>>
>> "in addition to paths that are different, will look for more copies
>> even in unmodified paths" then?
>
> That's much better.  I still slightly prefer referencing
> `--find-copies-harder` so that there's a link between "copies-harder"
> and `--find-copies-harder`; but this version would also be fine.

Oh, I didn't mean "use this rewrite and do not make any external
reference".  More like "external reference is a good idea and
necessary to help motivated readers, but we should give enough
information inline, and I think this level of details would be
sufficient".

Thanks.