Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Aug 2023, #01; Wed, 2)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2023 09:19:08 -0700

Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:

> (Sorry I somehow forgot to put the mailing list in Cc: of this.)

This seems to be a response to an older issue of the report, but I
take it that the status of these two topics haven't changed since
then.

>> > * cc/repack-sift-filtered-objects-to-separate-pack (2023-07-24) 8 commits
>> > ...
>> >  Breaks CI with some environment variables configured.
>> >  cf. <[email-masked]>
>> >  source: <[email-masked]>
>>
>> I am working on this and hope to send a version 4 soon.

Sounds good.  Thanks.

>> > * cc/git-replay (2023-06-03) 15 commits
>> > ...
>> >
>> >  What's the status of this thing?
>> >  source: <[email-masked]>
>>
>> I have a 2 week long vacation starting soon, so I will likely not have
>> time to work on a new round in the next 3 weeks.

OK.  Enjoy.

>> However in a recent article
>> (https://github.blog/2023-07-27-scaling-merge-ort-across-github/)
>> GitHub says that they are already using git-replay (though not sure
>> it's this exact version or another one), and GitLab plans to use it
>> too.

So there are plenty folks who are capable of reviewing but they are
not interested in giving it to the general public by withholding
their reviews ;-)?