Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 2/2] gc: introduce `gc.recentObjectsHook`

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 14:14:41 -0700

Glen Choo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Taylor Blau <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> When performing a garbage collection operation on a repository with
>> unreachable objects, Git makes its decision on what to do with those
>> object(s) bed on how recent the objects are or not. Generally speaking,
>
> s/bed/based/ ?

Indeed.  Also "or not" sounds a bit extraneous.

>> +		if (parse_oid_hex(buf.buf, &oid, &rest) || *rest) {
>> +			ret = error(_("invalid extra cruft tip: '%s'"), buf.buf);
>
> To be consistent with the other error message, perhaps s/extra cruft
> tip/additional recent object/?

Sharp eyes.

> Aside from those trivial points, everything looks good.

Thanks for reviewing (and writing).