Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.37.1 and others

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2022 10:06:57 -0700

Git v2.37.1, together with v2.30.5, v2.31.4, v2.32.3, v2.33.4,
v2.34.4, v2.35.4, and v2.36.2 for older maintenance tracks, are now
available at the usual places.

These are to address CVE-2022-29187, where the fixes in v2.36.1 and
below to address CVE-2022-24765 released earlier may not have been
complete.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.37.1'
tag and other tags for older maintenance tracks.

  url = https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/git/git
  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git 2.37.1 Release Notes
========================

This release merges up the fixes that appear in v2.30.5, v2.31.4,
v2.32.3, v2.33.4, v2.34.4, v2.35.4, and v2.36.2 to address the
security issue CVE-2022-29187; see the release notes for these
versions for details.

Fixes since Git 2.37
--------------------

 * Rewrite of "git add -i" in C that appeared in Git 2.25 didn't
   correctly record a removed file to the index, which is an old
   regression but has become widely known because the C version has
   become the default in the latest release.

 * Fix for CVE-2022-29187.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git v2.30.5 Release Notes
=========================

This release contains minor fix-ups for the changes that went into
Git 2.30.3 and 2.30.4, addressing CVE-2022-29187.

 * The safety check that verifies a safe ownership of the Git
   worktree is now extended to also cover the ownership of the Git
   directory (and the `.git` file, if there is any).

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón (1):
      setup: tighten ownership checks post CVE-2022-24765