Subject: Re: [PATCH v7 00/20] submodule: convert the rest of 'update' to C

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2022 21:54:02 -0800

Glen Choo <[email-masked]> writes:

> This reroll contains another 'easy' preparatory patch and the fixups I
> alluded to in v6 [1]. This isn't the split-up I described in the
> footnote of v6, but it gets the big patch (patch 17) to what I think is
> a reviewable state.

Thanks.

This seems to heavily conflict with "clone, submodule: pass partial
clone filters to submodules, 2022-02-04" by Josh Steadmon
<[email-masked]>
in both builtins/submodule--helper.c and git-submodule.sh.

It also removes the code that "submodule: record superproject gitdir
during 'update', 2022-02-03" by Emily Shaffer
<[email-masked]>, so what the other
topic ends up adding to the shell script needs to eventually be
redone in the C code.

I think "superproject aware" topic would see a reroll due to a
slight redesign.  I am not sure how solid the design of the
"pass down partial clone filter" topic is at this moment.

I may try to eject them tentatively and see how well this topic
plays with the rest of the topics in flight.

Thanks.