Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/5] implement branch --recurse-submodules

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2021 17:07:08 -0800

Glen Choo <[email-masked]> writes:

> v6 fixes v5's bad rebase; it was based off a merge commit in 'seen'
> instead of js/branch-track-inherit. Since v5 is mostly a no-op, I will
> also include a range-diff against v4, which is the last version that
> anyone except Junio would care about.
>
> This version is based off Josh's js/branch-track-inherit v7. Because that
> is not yet in 'seen',...

Thanks.  js/branch/track-inherit has been using v7 since Fri Dec 17
15:47:47 2021 -0800, but unfortunately that was after the week's
integration work and the 'seen' shown to the public probably did not
have it.

FYI at least since [*1*] was used to create 751363af (branch: add
flags and config to inherit tracking, 2021-10-16), the topic
js/branch-track-inherit has always been queued on top of f443b226
(Thirteenth batch, 2021-10-14).  I try to keep the same base to keep
things stable, unless there is a strong enough reason why we should
depend on newer base commit.

I've wiggled the patches to queue your v6 but haven't pushed the
result out yet.

Thanks.

[Reference]

*1* <[email-masked]>