Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 0/3] difftool dir-diff symlink bug fix and cleanup patches

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 11:43:30 -0700

David Aguilar <[email-masked]> writes:

> Thanks. Patch 3/3 seems trivially correct so I won't resend that either.
>
> Ævar had notes about 2/3 which can be split off to a separate topic,
> so that's the only one I'll plan to resend all by itself --in-reply-to
> that thread.

Please don't do this.  Your topic is not the only one I am looking
at, and being able to find the whole thing together is always more
efficient than having to go back, re-read the discussion and pick
the latest iteration of each step individually (which will not work
if the topic needs reordering of the patches in it anyway).

> I see that it's already in "seen". I can send a replacement patch
> shortly ...

Please do not read anything in a topic being (or not being, for that
matter) "seen".  It means "the maintainer has seen it and thought it
might be interesting at one point of time in the past" and nothing
more.  It certainly does not mean the maintainer is keeping track of
how the topic is evolving and knows which piece will be replaced and
which piece is already done.

Thanks.