Subject: Re: Reviewed-by given by celebrities (no subject matter expertise on Git development)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2021 13:57:10 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't usually post "me too" responses, since they are usually just
> noise. But I could not resist it here, for two reasons:
>
>   - this is such a nicely written summary of what "Reviewed-by" means in
>     our project that I think it deserves some praise. :)
>
>   - because it is ultimately about "what does Reviewed-by mean within
>     the Git project", there is some small value in having another
>     project member say "yes, that is exactly what I expect from it,
>     too"

Heh, thanks.

Are you hinting that some of what I wrote (with typofixes like
s/arond/around/) should be inserted to SubmittingPatches or
somewhere near it?

I am still scratching my head why "celebrities" were brought into
the original question in the first place, but I can say that we do
not discriminate against "celebrities" who review patches with
prejudice like "that lady only plays a hacker on TV, and must know
nothing to qualify to review our patches."  Celebrities or not, once
somebody demonstrates enough competence and earns reputation on this
list, opinions by that person would count more than others.