Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] [GSOC] interpret-trailer: easy parse trailer value

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2021 10:07:06 -0700

ZheNing Hu <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> 于2021年3月22日周一 上午12:52写道：
>>
>> Christian Couder <[email-masked]> writes:
>> ...
>> > So even without this patch, after your first patch that implements
>> > `git commit --trailer ...`, it should be easy to setup something less
>> > verbose and less error-prone.
>>
>> It is nice that it makes the complexity of 2/2 unnecessary ;-)
>
> A little frustrated, both `--own-identity` and `@nickname` seem to be
>  rejected. I will roll back to the first patch.

If existing functionality can be used to achieve the same end result
without any extra effort by end-users, that's a happy endgame, isn't
it?  There isn't a reason to be frustrated---the users benefit with
the new --trailer option without adding (hence having to learn) new
extra features like --own-ident or @name, which is a big plus.