Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] t0003: do not chdir the whole test process

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 12:25:48 -0800

Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> writes:

> Junio C Hamano wrote:
>
>> Moving to some other directory and letting the remainder of the test
>> pieces to expect that they start there is a bad practice.
>
> I agree with the above, and I like the patch...
>
>>                                                            The test
>> that contains chdir itself may fail (or by mistake skipped via the
>> GIT_SKIP_TESTS mechanism) in which case the remainder may operate on
>> files in unexpected places.
>
> ... but this logic seems wrong.  I don't think we've ever supported
> setup tests failing or being skipped in the past.

The first set-up test, yes, but something in the middle added as an
afterthought?