Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 00/10] parseopt: add subcommand autocorrection

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2026 17:08:41 -0700

Jiamu Sun <[email-masked]> writes:

> Git currently provides auto-correction for builtins and aliases, but
> lacks this functionality for subcommands parsed via the parse-options
> API. Subcommands are also commands, and typos will occur, too. Like:
>
> 	git remote add-rul
>
> So, this series introduces subcommand auto-correction.
> ...
> base-commit: f65aba1e87db64413b6d1ed5ae5a45b5a84a0997

When the series is applied on top of Git 2.54, or on top of f65aba1e
(codeql: bump actions/cache from 4 to 5, 2026-04-13), the result
does not pass its self test, at least for me.

It seems that the exit status of some error path (subcommand parse
failure, presumably) has changed unexpectedly?  As I am mostly
offline for this and next week, I didn't dig any further.

Thanks.

Test Summary Report
-------------------
t0040-parse-options.sh (Wstat: 256 (exited 1) Tests: 94 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  73
  Non-zero exit status: 1
t7900-maintenance.sh  (Wstat: 256 (exited 1) Tests: 72 Failed: 1)
  Failed test:  1
  Non-zero exit status: 1