Subject: Re: [PATCH 03/16] odb: move initialization bit into `struct packfile_store`

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2025 16:50:17 -0700

Karthik Nayak <[email-masked]> writes:

>> I have personal preferences, and usually I'd like to hear from
>> others first before mentioning my preference, but for something this
>> small and does not affect readability very much, perhaps I can just
>> pick and dictate?  I dunno ;-).
>
> I wouldn't mind if you picked one over the other, like I mentioned, I
> care more that we make it consistent and that the formatter can notify
> or fix it for us.

Then let's declare that these shall be written like so:

    unsigned my_field:1;
    unsigned other_field:1;
    unsigned field_with_longer_name:1;

without a space around the colon.  It would allow us not to modify
the clang-format file, and more importantly, discourage people from
doing ugly alignment with spaces, i.e.

    unsigned my_field               : 1;
    unsigned            other_field : 1;
    unsigned field_with_longer_name : 1;