Subject: Re: [PATCH v6 0/5] Introduce libgit-rs, a Rust wrapper around libgit.a

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2025 14:31:30 -0800

Josh Steadmon <[email-masked]> writes:

> Apologies for the long delay on V6; I am finally back after several
> months of $DAYJOB firefighting, holidays, and sick leave. I should have
> time to devote to this series again, but given the lack of feedback on
> V5 I am hopeful that this will be the final iteration of this series.

Thanks and welcome back ;-)

Given the lack of feedback on the previous round, I hope we will see
enthused support on the topic.  Otherwise it is hard to tell if the
previous lack of feedback was merely lack of interest, or lack of
anything lacking in the series.

> There is known NEEDSWORK, but I feel that they can be addressed in
> follow-up changes, rather than in this series. If you feel otherwise,
> please let me know:
>
> * Investigate alternative methods of managing symbol visibility &
>   renaming.
>
> * Figure out symbol versioning

OK.  Let's see what people find out.