Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] fast-import: disallow more path components

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2024 07:17:15 +0900

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 1, 2024 at 1:40 PM Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 30, 2024 at 01:09:29AM +0000, Elijah Newren via GitGitGadget wrote:
>>
>> >     Changes since v1:
>> >
>> >      * Moved the check to a higher level, as suggested by Peff.
>>
>> Thanks, the code change looks good. Is it worth tweaking one of the
>> tests to do "R innocent-path .git/evil"? Otherwise I don't think there's
>> any coverage of the file_change_cr() call at all.
>>
>> -Peff
>
> I would say yes, but since this patch too has made it to next and is
> marked for master, I'm kinda tempted to just leave it as-is...

It is perfectly OK to have a follow-up patch that adds a test or two
;-)