Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/23] Memory leak fixes (pt.7)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2024 11:54:38 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> The patch series is built on top of ed155187b4 (Sync with Git 2.46.1,
> 2024-09-13) with ps/leakfixes-part-6 at 46f6ca2a68 (builtin/repack: fix
> leaking keep-pack list, 2024-09-05) merged into it.

I haven't said this, but I really appreciate contributors (like you)
pacing their series submission perfectly with the rate of related
topics in flight solidifying.  If people hold off sending new and
dependent topics for too long, that would waste available review and
testing bandwidth, but if people send them while the other topics
that they depend on are not yet in a good shape, it would require
conflict resolutions that may get wasted when the depended topics
have to be updated.

I've been trying to be more explicit in the "What's cooking" report
what my evaluation of each topic's "doneness" is, to help contributors
who need to send new topics that may conflict with the topics that
are already cooking, and I hope it helped in your (and other
contributors') pacing their submissions to help the process run more
smoothly.

THanks.