Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/21] Various memory leak fixes

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 19:10:09 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> this is the second version of my patch series that fixes various memory
> leaks in Git. Changes compared to v1:
>
>   - t4153 and t7006 aren't marked as passing anymore. I thought they
>     pass because most of these tests were skipped because of a missing
>     TTY prerequisite both on my local machine, but also in our CI.
>
>   - Add another patch to install the Perl IO:Pty module on Alpine and
>     Ubuntu. This fulfills the TTY prerequisite and thus surfaces the
>     memory leaks in both of the above tests.
>
>   - Add another unit test for strvec that exercise replacing a string in
>     the strvec with a copy of itself.
>
>   - A bunch of commit message improvements.

Looking very good.  This seems to reveal existing leaks when merged
to 'seen'; other topics that are not in 'master' may be introducing
these leaks.  I'll see if a trial merge to 'next' is leak-free (in
which case I'll merge it down to 'next') or there are other topics
in 'next' that are leaking (in which case we'll play by ear---either
mark the tests again as non-leak-free, or plug the leak if it seems
trivial).

 https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/9231313414/job/25400998823

says t1400-update-ref has many "stdin symref-update" things are
failing.

Also

 https://github.com/git/git/actions/runs/9231313414/job/25401102951

shows that t1460-refs-migrate fails on Windows.

Thanks.