Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 0/7] update-ref: add symref oriented commands

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2024 11:01:53 -0700

"make refs.sp" should have told you that you should not write NULL
as just 0.  I'll queue a SQUASH??? fix-up on top before merging it
into 'seen' for today's integration.

diff --git c/refs.c w/refs.c
index 010f426def..d578a2823b 100644
--- c/refs.c
+++ w/refs.c
@@ -2758,7 +2758,7 @@ int refs_delete_refs(struct ref_store *refs, const char *logmsg,
 
 	for_each_string_list_item(item, refnames) {
 		ret = ref_transaction_delete(transaction, item->string,
-					     NULL, flags, 0, msg, &err);
+					     NULL, flags, NULL, msg, &err);
 		if (ret) {
 			warning(_("could not delete reference %s: %s"),
 				item->string, err.buf);

Also there are quite many whitespace breakages.

$ git am -s ./+kn7-v2-update-ref-symref
Applying: refs: accept symref values in `ref_transaction[_add]_update`
Applying: update-ref: add support for symref-verify
.git/rebase-apply/patch:59: indent with spaces.
        if (line_termination) {
.git/rebase-apply/patch:60: indent with spaces.
                /* Without -z, consume SP and use next argument */
.git/rebase-apply/patch:61: indent with spaces.
                if (!**next || **next == line_termination)
.git/rebase-apply/patch:62: indent with spaces.
                        return NULL;
.git/rebase-apply/patch:63: indent with spaces.
                if (**next != ' ')
warning: squelched 10 whitespace errors
warning: 15 lines applied after fixing whitespace errors.
Applying: update-ref: add support for symref-delete
.git/rebase-apply/patch:95: indent with spaces.
                die("symref-delete: cannot operate with deref mode");
.git/rebase-apply/patch:101: indent with spaces.
        old_ref = parse_next_refname(&next);
warning: 2 lines applied after fixing whitespace errors.
Applying: files-backend: extract out `create_symref_lock`
Applying: update-ref: add support for symref-create
.git/rebase-apply/patch:81: indent with spaces.
                die("symref-create: cannot operate with deref mode");
warning: 1 line applied after fixing whitespace errors.
Applying: update-ref: add support for symref-update
Applying: refs: support symrefs in 'reference-transaction' hook