Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/3] fsck: mention file path for index errors

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 12:37:51 -0700

Eric Sunshine <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 1:01 PM Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 11, 2023 at 12:28:45PM -0400, Eric Sunshine wrote:
>> > Yes, s/main/current/ probably would be helpful for future readers of
>> > the code. It's unfortunate that the term "current" can ambiguously
>> > also be read as meaning "the up-to-date index" or "the present-time
>> > index" as opposed to "the index in this directory/worktree", which is
>> > the intention here. But "current" is consistent with the existing
>> > `struct worktree.is_current`, so hopefully should not be too
>> > confusing.
>>
>> I think in this context it should be pretty clear. Do you want to
>> prepare a patch?
>
> Done. As usual, I forgot to use --in-reply-to=<this-thread> when
> sending the patch despite having gone through the effort of looking up
> the relevant message-ID of this thread. Oh well. The patch is here[1].
>
> [1]: https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

I've queued your patch on top of the jk/fsck-indices-in-worktrees
topic as-is, but the earlier discussion in the thread shows that
Peff already is in agreement with the change, so I would not mind
amending in his Acked-by: later.

Thanks, anyway.