Subject: Re: Track git blame through two unrelated histories

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2023 10:35:54 -0800

Ilia Pozhilov <[email-masked]> writes:

> So let's say I add two remotes and fetch all the commits, but they
> look like this:
>
> A->B-> .... . . . -> Z    history1
>
> 1 -> 2 -> ..... -> 0 history2
>
> and file contents in commits Z and 1 are exactly the same, but the
> commits themselves are completely unrelated for git.

You mean you want to pretend that history "2 -> ... -> 0" was built
on top of Z?  Here I am assuming that time flows from left to right
in the picture.

If so, you should be able to graft the histories together, perhaps?

Totally untested but something like 

	$ git replace --graft 1 Z

based on my reading of "git help replace" should allow you to
pretend that Z happened immediately before 1.