Subject: Re: [PATCH 4alt/4] attr: drop DEBUG_ATTR code

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 10:02:33 -0700

Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Thu, Oct 06, 2022 at 09:13:41AM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
>
>> The other obvious option is to just delete this debug code, and remove
>> the unused parameter. I'm not sure if the trace would ever be useful or
>> not, and I am mostly retaining it out of the logic of "well, somebody
>> bothered to write it". I think the const issue has been there since
>> e810e06357 (attr: tighten const correctness with git_attr and
>> match_attr, 2017-01-27).
>
> And here's what that would look like.

I highly suspect that I was the one who bothered, and while I admit
it was useful while developing the attribute subsystem, I haven't
needed it for the past 10 or so years.

So unless there are some folks who want to throw everything into the
trace2 floodstream, I would prefer this alternative over the other
one.

Thanks.  All four patches look good.