Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] trailer: allow spaces in tokens

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 21:33:04 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> In short, you do not support Max's patch that allows arbitrary
> number of white spaces anywhere but at the beginning of line,
> but see a room for unrelated improvement from the current code,
> namely, to allow exactly one optional space, immediately before
> the separator and nowhere else.

Ah, no, sorry, I misread the situation.  It's not a room for
improvement.  It is very close to what the current code already
does, i.e. to allow optional spaces immediately before the
separator.  The difference is that the current code allows arbitrary
number of optional spaces, not zero or exactly one.

So the only thing we need to do is to update the documentation that
Max misread as allowing spaces at arbitrary place to reflect what
the code has been doing, i.e. an optional run of spaces is allowed
between the "token" and the "separator"?

Anybody wants to do the honors to produce such a patch, then?

Thanks.