Subject: Re: Thanks for git and especially thanks for git add --interactive

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 22:04:54 -0700

demerphq <[email-masked]> writes:

> I don't know who to thank directly, and I guess it is a community
> effort anyway, but I just wanted to thank everyone involved in making
> ... I have seen people describe it as an
> "advanced" feature, and maybe it is, but I think it is one of the
> *killer* features of git that has impacted the quality of commits
> across the industry.
> ...
> So thanks to everybody on this list, Linus, Junio, and everybody
> involved with making git such an awesome tool, but *especial* thanks
> to whomever it was that dreamed up the interactive commit modes and
> everyone else who worked to make it such a fantastic tool. It has
> literally changed my life.

You're welcome ;-)

If you limit your search of origin to the Git land, I am reasonably
sure that I am to blame for "add -i", but I'd freely admit that I
stole it from darcs.  They may or may not have borrowed from
somewhere else, but at this point I do not really care where it came
from ;-)