Subject: [PATCH] RelNotes: add builder notes

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2022 09:30:46 -0800

There are a couple of new things in this release that are useful to
know if you are building from source, so let's add a small section
to the release notes to describe them.

Signed-off-by: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>

---

 * Sorry for showing this the very last minute.  As people can
   guess, this is a fallout from the release engineering I am doing
   right now...

diff --git a/Documentation/RelNotes/2.35.0.txt b/Documentation/RelNotes/2.35.0.txt
index fa5a7318a8..d69b50d180 100644
--- a/Documentation/RelNotes/2.35.0.txt
+++ b/Documentation/RelNotes/2.35.0.txt
@@ -13,6 +13,16 @@ Backward compatibility warts
    of GNU grep.

+Note to those who build from the source
+
+ * You may need to define NO_UNCOMPRESS2 Makefile macro if you build
+   with zlib older than 1.2.9.
+
+ * If your compiler cannot grok C99, the build will fail.  See the
+   instruction at the beginning of git-compat-util.h if this happens
+   to you.
+
+
 UI, Workflows & Features
 
  * "git status --porcelain=v2" now show the number of stash entries