Subject: Re: [PATCH v4 7/7] ssh signing: verify ssh-keygen in test prereq

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2021 09:10:52 -0800

Fabian Stelzer <[email-masked]> writes:

> Yes, that looks good. In this case the conflict is rather trivial, but
> how could i prevent this / make it easier for you to merge these?
> Especially since in this case the conflict only arose after a reroll
> when both topics were already in seen. For a new topic i can of course
> make them as "on top of XXX". Should I in the future rebase the
> "support non ssh-* keytypes" topic on top of this series and mark it
> as such? Or whats a good way to deal with things like this? (besides
> avoiding merge conflicts altogether :D)

For this particular one, my rerere database already knows how the
conflict and its resolution should look like, so there is nothing
that is urgently needed.

If the other topic were to be rerolled, since either has hit 'next',
basing it on top of the other, essentially making the result into a
single series, may be the easiest (and that is basically avoiding
conflicts altogether ;-).

Thanks.