Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 1/3] bundle doc: rewrite the "DESCRIPTION" section

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2021 21:52:37 -0700

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason  <[email-masked]> writes:

> +Create, unpack, and manipulate "bundle" files. Bundles are used for
> +the "offline" transfer of Git objects without an active "server"
> +sitting on the other side of the network connection.
> +
> +They can be used to create both incremental and full backups of a
> +repository, and to relay the state of the references in one repository
> +to another.
> +
> +Other git commands that understand protocols such as `ssh://` and
> +`https://` can also operate on bundle files. It is possible

I'd rather drop "Other", especially given that it is irrelevant if
"git bundle" understands "<scheme>://" or not.  Instead, I'd somehow
limit the "git commands" to those that are meant to "read" from the
other side.

IOW, "git push git.bndl master" would not make sense (yet).

Thanks.