Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jan 2016, #04; Wed, 20)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 14:58:31 -0800

Lars Schneider <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Junio,
>
> Did you miss the topic "submodule: extend die message on failed
> checkout with depth argument" or do you not agree with it
> ($gmane/282779)? Stefan Beller reviewed the commits ($gmane/283666
> and $gmane/283851).

No, these three are still in my inbox.

Quite honestly, "test to demonstrate breakage" alone is not all that
interesting to me unless I get a firm impression that somebody is
(or will soon be) working on fixing the breakage--which would make
it worth keeping track of it in my tree, to allow the eventual fix
to be more easily verified and protected from getting broken again.
Also "these look good to me" without much explanation is not much of
a review, and such a comment on a "demonstrate breakage" did not add
to the sense of urgency to the issue, either.

That was why it has been sitting near the bottom of the pile.