Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git v2.4.8

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 15:22:15 -0700

A maintenance release Git v2.4.8 is now available at the usual
places.  This contains remaining fixes that are in v2.5 but have
been lacking in 2.4.x maintenance track so far.  It will hopefully
be the last 2.4.x update at least for now.

The tarballs are found at:

    https://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/

The following public repositories all have a copy of the 'v2.4.8'
tag and some of them have the 'maint-2.4' branch that the tag
points at:

  url = https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git
  url = git://repo.or.cz/alt-git.git
  url = https://code.google.com/p/git-core/
  url = git://git.sourceforge.jp/gitroot/git-core/git.git
  url = git://git-core.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/git-core/git-core
  url = https://github.com/gitster/git

----------------------------------------------------------------

Git v2.4.8 Release Notes
========================

Fixes since v2.4.7
------------------

 * Abandoning an already applied change in "git rebase -i" with
   "--continue" left CHERRY_PICK_HEAD and confused later steps.

 * Various fixes around "git am" that applies a patch to a history
   that is not there yet.

 * "git for-each-ref" reported "missing object" for 0{40} when it
   encounters a broken ref.  The lack of object whose name is 0{40} is
   not the problem; the ref being broken is.

 * "git commit --cleanup=scissors" was not careful enough to protect
   against getting fooled by a line that looked like scissors.

Also contains typofixes, documentation updates and trivial code
clean-ups.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Changes since v2.4.7 are as follows:

Johannes Schindelin (2):
      t3404: demonstrate CHERRY_PICK_HEAD bug
      rebase -i: do not leave a CHERRY_PICK_HEAD file behind

Junio C Hamano (1):
      Git 2.4.8

Michael Haggerty (4):
      t6301: new tests of for-each-ref error handling
      for-each-ref: report broken references correctly
      read_loose_refs(): simplify function logic
      read_loose_refs(): treat NULL_SHA1 loose references as broken

Paul Tan (6):
      am --skip: revert changes introduced by failed 3way merge
      am -3: support 3way merge on unborn branch
      am --skip: support skipping while on unborn branch
      am --abort: revert changes introduced by failed 3way merge
      am --abort: support aborting to unborn branch
      am --abort: keep unrelated commits on unborn branch

SZEDER Gábor (2):
      completion: teach 'scissors' mode to 'git commit --cleanup='
      commit: cope with scissors lines in commit message

Sebastian Schuberth (1):
      clone: simplify string handling in guess_dir_name()