Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 0/4] checkout: 'autostash' for branch switching

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2026 14:53:26 -0700

"Harald Nordgren via GitGitGadget" <[email-masked]> writes:

>      -    stash: add --ours-label, --theirs-label, --base-label for apply
>      +    stash: add --label-ours, --label-theirs, --label-base for apply
> ...
>      -+`--ours-label=<label>`::
>      -+`--theirs-label=<label>`::
>      -+`--base-label=<label>`::
>      ++`--label-ours=<label>`::
>      ++`--label-theirs=<label>`::
>      ++`--label-base=<label>`::

I guess it is a good change that makes things align better .  One
potential downside is that "--labels-o<TAB>" is slightly longer than
"--ours-l<TAB>", but I do not mind too much either way.

>      @@ sequencer.c: static void create_autostash_internal(struct repository *r,
>        
>       -		printf(_("Created autostash: %s\n"), buf.buf);
>       +		if (!silent)
>      -+			fprintf(stderr, _("Created autostash: %s\n"), buf.buf);
>      ++			printf(_("Created autostash: %s\n"), buf.buf);

Keeping the behaviour of shared code path unchanged would be a safer
move, I guess.  Sending progress-like messages that are meant for
human consumption to the standard error stream may be a good change
but should not be part of this topic, I think.