Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] shallow: set borders which are all reachable after clone shallow since

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2026 21:19:13 -0800

Samo Pogačnik <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, 2026-01-28 at 05:23 +0100, Samo Pogačnik wrote:
>> On Tue, 2026-01-20 at 12:59 -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> ...
>> > After this exchange, the topic has been dormant for almost full two
>> > months.  As I do not deal with shallow clones myself, even though I
>> > understand that some folks rely on it working, I'd really prefer to
>> > see somebody who are familiar with the underlying logic to review
>> > this patch if we were to move forward with it.
>> > 
>> 
>> I’m currently rewriting the patch and the commit message trying to
>> address the boundary/border dilemma. I hope to be able to send a new
>> version by the end of this week.
>
> I posted a new version of patch '[PATCH v3] shallow: ensure all boundary commits
> are reachable with --shallow-since' on 31st of January. I hope you've seen it.
>
> thanks, Samo

For those of you on the original CC: list taken from v2 review
thread, who may be more qualified to review this topic than I am,
the v3 is found at:

  https://lore.kernel.org/git/[email-masked]/

Thanks.