Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 00/18] Introduce rust: In xdiff

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2025 15:48:04 -0700

Elijah Newren <[email-masked]> writes:

> So, how to move forward?
>
> A) Modify Patrick's series to just take patch 7 of his v5.  Patrick
> did say that the roadmap was  "the more important discussion compared
> to the technical discussion", and merging that patch would achieve his
> goal of getting an initial roadmap.  Then Ezekiel could grab other
> pieces from Patrick's series (e.g. the help and varint stuff) and
> incorporate it into an "introduce rust" series.[*]
>
> B) Merge Patrick's series and tell Ezekiel to rebase, while noting to
> Ezekiel that the roadmap is the important bit from Patrick's series[*]
> and he can suggest changes to any of the other bits.
>
> C) Create a consolidated "introduce Rust" series with bits of both --
> what I think Ezekiel was trying to do with this series.

Ah, I didn't even realize C was what this series was trying to do.

I do not have particular preference between A and B, but I thought A
was closer to what was being done with this series, and as long as
Ezekiel and Patrick can join forces that way, it would be perfect.

Thanks.