Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Sep 2025, #02; Wed, 3)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2025 09:23:15 -0700

Patrick Steinhardt <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Wed, Sep 03, 2025 at 10:07:49PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>> * jt/de-global-bulk-checkin (2025-08-22) 4 commits
>>  - bulk-checkin: use repository variable from transaction
>>  - bulk-checkin: require transaction for index_blob_bulk_checkin()
>>  - bulk-checkin: remove global transaction state
>>  - bulk-checkin: introduce object database transaction structure
>> 
>>  The bulk-checkin code used to depend on a file-scope static
>>  singleton variable, which has been updated to pass an instance
>>  throughout the callchain.
>> 
>>  Will merge to 'next'?
>>  source: <[email-masked]>
>
> The series looks good to me, so I think it should be ready for prime
> time.

Yup, I am fairly familiar with the area, and I didn't see anything
questionable in the updates.  Let's move it forward.

Thanks.