Subject: Re: [PATCH 6/8] git-prompt: add fallback for shells without $'...'

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2024 05:44:32 -0700

avih <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> Ping
>>>
>>> Reminder: I'll update this part to not-use $'...' and without
>>> fallback, but I'm currently waiting for comments on the other parts
>>> as well before I update this patch.
>>
>> Ping for others.  I do not recall having much other things to say on
>> the series.
>
> Not sure I understand.
>
> Shall I ping the other 7 parts individually?

No, I pinged other folks, who are reading [email-masked], to
give their reviews, because the prompt script is not exactly my area
of expertise.  I commented on it only because nobody else did, and
because I care about portability while keeping the complexity level
down.  Other aspects of the series are better reviewed by others,
not by me.

If you have updated series, resending the whole series with as v2
(e.g. [PATCH v2 1/8]..[PATCH v2 8/8], if there is no change in the
number of patches) would be good.

THanks.