Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] doc: describe the project's decision-making process

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2024 12:20:36 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> There probably are small things that are missing over there that can
> be found here, but given the large overlap, I have a feeling that
> these additions are better done over there, not here, and limit the
> scope of this document to decisions beyond the "General" patch
> series.  There already is SubmittingPatches::[[patch-flow]] section
> that may be a better place for the material we see here.

To see how well this approach can go, I plan to spend some time
today reorganizing SubmittingPatches and enhancing some descriptions
in it.  The plan is roughly

 * Add a preamble to explain "why" you would want to send, and we
   would want to receive, patches in a larger picture.

 * Move [[patch-flow]] section to the very beginning, with a bit of
   enhanced description on the review cycle, i.e. what patches,
   their review comments, and review responses are expected to
   contain and for what goal.

 * Possibly remove things from other sections that would become
   redundant by the enhancement above.