Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] switch to tombstone-free khashl table

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 14:31:13 -0700

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> writes:

> Eric Wong <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> The memory improvement is minor, but any memory reduction at all
>> is welcome at this point.  Fortunately, this set of changes is
>> unintrusive.
>>
>> I have some other ideas that I'll hopefully get to implement before
>> swapping kills all my SSDs (see bottom).
>
> Please describe what this topic aims at to sell the topic better.
> Are we trying to reduce memory footprint?  In other words, if this
> topic were to hit a released version of Git, what would the short
> paragraph description for the topic in the release notes look like?
> ...

So, did anything happened since this exchange?  I remember that we
caught and fixed a few minor sparse errors, but other than that, I
am not sure what to do with this topic.

Not that I want to merge loud tree-wide topics down during the
prerelease period...

Thanks.