Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] fix `sudo make install` regression in maint

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 21:57:13 -0700

Carlo Marcelo Arenas Belón  <[email-masked]> writes:

> The following series complement the recently queued[0] RFC that adds
> the missing functionality to allow git to validate a git repository
> while running under sudo.
>
> They could be squashed together if preferred, as they seem to be
> smaller that I had originally assumed and also unlikely to conflict.
>
> The test uses a function I stole from rs/t7812-pcre2-ws-bug-test that
> could be alternatively moved to a common location and reused if that
> is preferred, but it is small enough that might be as well be done
> as part of some cleanup later.
>
> Tried to change the documentation in a way that wouldn't conflict with
> other on the fly changes, but there is at least one pending change
> not in seen AFAIK in the same file from Gábor which might[1], but the
> resolution should be to take both sides.

We shouldn't have to worry too much about anything that is not in
'master', as we can kick out things that conflict whose resolution
is too cumbersome and ask contributors to rebase and come back if
needed.  Regression fixes are more urgent than anything not in
'master' at this point, although of course we do not have to make
conflicts deliberately ;)

It seems that these two apply cleanly on top of the other one that
in turn applies cleanly on top of maint-2.30, which is very much
suitable base to build these fixes on.

Thanks, will queue.

I've already read through them but additional set of eyes are
appreciated as always and even more than usual.  Hint, hint...