Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Mar 2022, #04; Thu, 17)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 09:51:19 -0700

Justin Donnelly <[email-masked]> writes:

>>* jd/prompt-upstream-mark (2022-03-03) 4 commits
>> - git-prompt: put upstream comments together
>> - git-prompt: make long upstream state indicator consistent
>> - git-prompt: make upstream state indicator location consistent
>> - git-prompt: rename `upstream` to `upstream_type`
>>
>> Tweaks in the command line prompt (in contrib/) code around its
>> GIT_PS1_SHOWUPSTREAM feature.
>>
>> What's the status of this one?
>> source: <[email-masked]>
>
> I'm the author of these patches. I'm not too familiar with the
> workflow and I just want to make sure this question isn't directed at
> me and you don't need anything from me right now. Ævar provided
> initial feedback and FWIW I think these are ready to be merged.

I am asking both people who use "git prompt" (they would hopefully
care, as new breakages would inconvenience them) if they mind this
series to appear in future releases in "Git" in its current form,
and who wrote the series (that's you) how ready the series is.

Thanks for giving one of the two halves I wanted ;-)