Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 2/3] pretty: add tag option to %(describe)

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 13:18:14 -0700

Eli Schwartz <[email-masked]> writes:

>  +
> +** 'tags[=<BOOL>]': Instead of only considering annotated tags,
> +   consider lightweight tags as well.

This part contradicts what Jean-Noël's df34a41f is trying to
achieve, which can be seen in these hunks from it:

    @@ -273,12 +273,12 @@ endif::git-rev-list[]
                              If any option is provided multiple times the
                              last occurrence wins.
     +
    -The boolean options accept an optional value `[=<BOOL>]`. The values
    +The boolean options accept an optional value `[=<value>]`. The values
     `true`, `false`, `on`, `off` etc. are all accepted. See the "boolean"
     sub-section in "EXAMPLES" in linkgit:git-config[1]. If a boolean
     option is given with no value, it's enabled.
     +
    -** 'key=<K>': only show trailers with specified key. Matching is done
    +** 'key=<key>': only show trailers with specified <key>. Matching is done
        case-insensitively and trailing colon is optional. If option is
        given multiple times trailer lines matching any of the keys are
        shown. This option automatically enables the `only` option so that
    @@ -286,25 +286,25 @@ option is given with no value, it's enabled.
        desired it can be disabled with `only=false`.  E.g.,
        `%(trailers:key=Reviewed-by)` shows trailer lines with key
        `Reviewed-by`.
    -** 'only[=<BOOL>]': select whether non-trailer lines from the trailer
    +** 'only[=<bool-value>]': select whether non-trailer lines from the trailer
        block should be included.
    -** 'separator=<SEP>': specify a separator inserted between trailer
    +** 'separator=<sep>': specify a separator inserted between trailer
     ...

So, let's instead use

    tags[=<bool-value>]: Instead of only considering ...

i.e. lowercase, with -value suffix.

Thanks.