Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] remote-helpers: move tests out of contrib

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 12:24:10 -0700

Felipe Contreras <[email-masked]> writes:

>> This step needs a bit more work, I am afraid, to at least have these
>> three test scripts follow the same numbering scheme.  Especially given
>> that there were recent discussions on allowing a range of tests to
>> be run (or omitted) via notations like "5000,5020,9800-9812", not
>> doing so now will make it harder to implement such an enhancement.
>
> I don't see how such an enhancement would be beneficial to these remote
> helpers.

Why are remote helpers more special than other parts of the system?
Do they _have to_ be different and special?

> For starters there aren't any number rages left for them,...

Wouldn't "5 - the pull and exporting" be an obvious space for them,
especiall somewhere after 5800?

> There might be other practical reasons to use this numbering scheme (although
> I'm sure the scripts could be fixed to not assume those),...

;-)  Yes, as long as you can program it, anything is possible.

>> Can we squelch these expected import error messages?
>
> Sure:

Then I'd expect a reroll, at least to 2/2 (I do not think I saw
anything iffy in 1/2).

Thanks.